I’m so excited to be here on Lemons to Lovelys today. Marci is such a sweet friend that I met through the big wide world of Instagram-land. When she asked me to come on her blog and talk about design I was all for it. So today I’m talking all about Fall 2017 Design Trends.
But before I get into this years Fall trends, I’ll give you a very brief introduction on myself…
My name is Kayla and I own Plum Pretty Decor and Design- a full service interior design business, blog, and traveling antique/vintage store. Plum Pretty is a collection of all things “ Plum Pretty” in the life of a young on trend designer- ME. Now that’s enough about me, let’s get to talking 2017 Fall! – CLICK HERE to learn more about Plum Pretty.
Fall is the single most popular “interior design” holiday second to Christmas. After a long refreshing summer, people are ready to cozy up their homes with the warm feeling of Fall. I mean I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for pumpkins, big comfy sweaters, and boots. We’re experiencing some colder weather here in North Carolina and it’s got me itching to decorate for Fall. Although I haven’t placed the first pumpkin or lit a fire in the fireplace, that doesn’t mean I haven’t started planning.
This year I’m noticing some distinctive new trends that I’m loving! Here are my top 5 picks for Fall 2017:
- Copper- You can add this shiny metal to your Fall decor through accessories. Think vases, bowls, pumpkins, napkin rings… But keep it minimal you don’t want your palette to be overpowered with this element.
- Black and White Patterns- Add this into your decor with textiles- pillows, throws, table runners…
- Raw Wood- Touches of raw wood adds warmth and texture. Add it with trays, candle sticks, and furniture.
- Blush Pink- Feminine and subtle. Bring into your decor with textiles and florals.
- Wool- Two words CHUNKY THROW. A decorative snuggly couch accessory, win win! You can also add this trend into your decor with textured wool pillows.
So as you’re getting your Fall decor plans together, you might want to include some of these design trends. Texture and raw elements are all the rage this year! I have a feeling you’re gonna be seeing them popping up everywhere this Fall. Thank you Marci for having me today and letting me talk Fall design trends with your readers.
With love, Kayla